This new generation of MIRA field emission scanning electron microscopes provides users with the advantages of the latest technology, such as new improved high-performance electronics for faster image acquisition, an ultra-fast scanning system with compensation for static and dynamic image aberrations or built-in scripting for user-defined applications, all the while maintaining the best price to performance ratio. The MIRA series was designed with respect to a wide range of SEM applications and needs in today’s research and industry. Its excellent resolution at high beam currents has proved to be advantageous for analytical applications such as EBSD,WDX, etc. MIRA3 field emission scanning electron microscopes are manufactured in configurations with LM, XM and GM chambers.
All MIRA chambers (LM, XM and GM) provide superior specimen handling using a full 5-axis motorized compucentric stage and ideal geometry for EDX and EBSD. Option of extra-large chambers (XM, GM) with robust stage able to accommodate large samples
- High brightness Schottky emitter for high-resolution/highcurrent/low-noise imaging
- Unique three-lens Wide Field OpticsTM design offering a variety of working and displaying modes
- Proprietary Intermediate Lens (IML), which works as an ´aperture changer´, changing the effective final aperture electromagnetically.
- Real time In-Flight Beam TracingTM for performance and beam optimization, integrated with the well-established software Electron Optical Design. It also includes direct and continuous control of the beam and beam current.
- Extraordinary resolution with powerful optional In-Beam Detector
- Fully automated electron optics set-up and alignment
- Fast imaging rate
- Unique live stereoscopic imaging using advanced 3D Beam Technology opens up the micro and nano-world for an amazing 3D experience and 3D navigation.
Keeping the microscope in peak condition is now easy and requires a minimum of microscope downtime. Every detail has been carefully designed to maximize microscope performance and minimize operator effort.
Automatic set-up of the microscope and many other automated operations are characteristic features of the equipment. There are many other automated procedures which reduce the operator’s tune-up time significantly, enable automated manipulator navigation and automated analyses. Built-in scripting language (Python) enables remote access to most software features, including complete microscope remote control, stage control, image acquisition, processing and analysis. Scripting enables users to define their own automatic procedures.
User-Friendly Software and Software tools
- User-friendly, most recent Windows operating system and user interface available in English and many regional languages, multiple user levels, multiple user accounts, multi-user environment.
- Four levels of user expertise/rights, including an EasySEM™ mode for quick routine investigations
- Image management and report creation
- Built-in self-diagnostics for system readiness checks
- Network operations and remote access/diagnostics
- Modular software architecture enables several extensions to be attached.
- Basic set of plug-ins, such as Measurement, Image Processing, Object Area available as standard
- Several optional modules or dedicated applications optimized for automatic sample examination procedures, such as Particles Basic/Advanced Analysis or 3D surface reconstruction, etc.
A fully PC controlled FE SEM intended for both – for high vacuum as well as for low vacuum operations. Outstanding optical properties, flicker-free digital image with super clarity.
A fully PC controlled FE-SEM – for high vacuum as well as for low vacuum operations. Outstanding optical properties, flicker-free digital image with super clarity. Sophisticated user-friendly software for microscope control and image capturing using Windows™ platform.