MAIA3 from TESCAN is a newly developed analytical scanning electron microscope which demonstrates ultra-high resolution of 1 nm at 15 kV. The resolution performance at 1 kV is 1.6 nm using secondary electrons and 0.8 nm at 30 kV in STEM mode. This powerful instrument is based on TESCAN’s proven three-lens column equipped with a Schottky field emission gun.
The spectacular resolution at low voltages is achieved by the unique construction of TESCAN’s 60 degree immersion objective lens which decreases optical aberrations dramatically compared to a conventional lens. An additional intermediate lens can operate simultaneously with, or instead of, the objective lens providing the possibility of multiple display modes.
- High brightness Schottky emitter for high-resolution/ high-current/ low-noise imaging
- A unique Wide Field Optics™ design with a proprietary Intermediate Lens (IML) offering a variety of working and displaying modes, for instance with enhanced field of view or depth of focus, etc.
- Real time In-Flight Beam Tracing™ for performance and beam optimization, it also includes direct and continuous control of the beam and beam current.
- Beam Deceleration Technology (BDT) for excellent resolution at low beam voltages
- Extraordinary results with powerful optional In-Beam Detector
- Fully automated electron optics set-up and alignment
- Fast imaging rate up to 20 ns
- Unique live stereoscopic imaging using advanced 3D Beam Technology opens up the micro and nano-world for an amazing 3D experience and 3D navigation.
Keeping the microscope in peak condition is now easy and requires a minimum of microscope downtime. Every detail has been carefully designed to maximize microscope performance and minimize operator's effort.
Automatic set-up of the microscope and many other automated operations are characteristic features of the equipment. There are many other automated procedures which reduce the operator’s tune-up time significantly, enable automated manipulator navigation and automated analyses. SharkSEM remote control interface enables access to most microscope features, including microscope vacuum control, optics control, stage control, image acquisition, etc. The compact Python scripting library offers all these features.
User-Friendly Software and Software Tools
- Multi-user environment is localized in many languages.
- Four levels of user expertise/rights, including an EasySEM™ mode for quick routine investigations
- Image management and report creation
- Built-in self-diagnostics for system readiness checks
- Network operations and remote access/diagnostics
- Modular software architecture enables several extensions to be attached.