Experience ultimate resolutionThe new TESCAN SEM column Triglav™ delivers a unique combination of immersion optics and crossover-free mode for UHR imaging at low energies. The single-pole type objective lens creates a magnetic field around the sample and dramatically decreases optical aberrations. Avoiding any crossover in the column reduces the Boersch effect and further optimizes the electron beam to yield superior resolution. Surface details of the specimen can be captured more reliably than ever before. For analysis, the TriLens™ technology improves resolution in the magnetic-field-free mode
- TriLens™: Objective based on the advantageous complementarity of three lenses that enables multiple imaging modes
- Unique combination of UH-resolution lens with crossover free mode for superb ultra-high resolution: 1 nm at 1 keV
- TriSE™: Three SE detectors to capture the finest surface details
- TriBE™: Three BSE detectors for angle-selective compositional contrast
- EquiPower™: Excellent column stability ideal for time-consuming applications such as FIB-SEM tomography
|In-Beam SE||0.7 nm at 15 keV|
|SE (BDM)||1.0 nm at 1 keV|
|STEM||0.7 nm at 30 keV|
High-Resolution Xe Plasma FIB
Expanded Patterning Capabilities
Up until recently, the resolution of plasma FIB was limited to 25 nm, a fact that restricted its use in higher precision applications. TESCAN has now further improved its Xe plasma FIB by increasing the source brightness resulting in a high-resolution Xe plasma FIB column (HR i-FIB) capable of achieving resolution of less than 15 nm. This improvement has made Xe plasma FIB more versatile extending its range of use into the area of traditional Ga FIB applications. With the new high-resolution Xe plasma FIB column you can complete large-scale milling tasks in unbeatable times at high currents up to 1 μA, and, on the other hand, perform tasks using the smallest spot size for all those applications that require higher levels of precision. This is a significant improvement over the state-of-the-art.
With this improvement, TESCAN has now two Xe plasma FIB column options to choose from according to your specific needs, the i-FIB and HR i-FIB columns. Both columns represent a concrete solution to overcome volume limitations in FIB milling enabling milling speeds that can be up to 50 times faster compared to Ga source FIBs, hence, allowing fast and effortless sample preparation/analyses exceeding spatial dimensions of 100 × 100 × 100 µm³.
Electrical properties of superconductive YBCO nano-constrictions were investigated via four-contact resistivity measurements. The contact pads were defined by optical lithography on a 100 nm YBCO thin layer. The new high-resolution Xe plasma FIB has been used to narrow the central 5 µm-wide constriction (marked with the red arrow) to a width of less than 50 nm. (a) Overview (WIDE FIELD) showing the four-contact layout. (b) Constriction to be narrowed. (c) Top view showing a final width of < 50 nm. Courtesy of the Institute of Electrical Engineering, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Department of Microelectronics and Sensors.
TIMA-X TESCAN Integrated Mineral Analyser
TIMA-X is an automated mineralogy system for fast quantitative analysis of samples such as rocks, ores, concentrates, tailings, leach residues or smelter products.
TIMA-X combines BSE and EDX analysis to identify minerals and create mineral images that are analysed to determine mineral concentrations, element distributions, and mineral texture properties such as grain-size, association, liberation and locking parameters. TIMA-X can also search for bright phases containing platinum group, gold, silver, rare earth and other minerals.
TIMA-X uses up to four EDAX Element silicon drift detectors and new software to significantly increase both performance and reliability. TIMA-X detectors are a new design that increases sensitivity to light elements and maintains stable energy resolution at very high count rates. TIMA-X detectors are fully compatible with both TIMA operation and EDAX Quantitative EDX systems and allow the user to enjoy the full speed of TIMA-X while maintaining the capabilities of standard-based quantitative analyses. TIMA-X software has many unique features including a new generation of mineral identification tools and low element detection limits using its patented pixel analysis algorithms.
For high-throughput applications, it can be fitted with the AutoLoader™ - a robotic sample loading system for 24/7 unattended measurement of up to 100 epoxy blocks. AutoLoader increases productivity by transforming mineralogy measurement from a batch to a continuous process by eliminating manual sample exchanges and chamber pump-down.
Novi sistem s tinjajućim izbojem (Glow discharge) GloQube tvrtke Quorum Technologies za pripremu uzoraka za TEM.
Prvenstveno se koristi za hidrofilizaciju TEM uzoraka prevučenih ugljikom koji su hidrofobni.
Tretman tinjajućim izbojem u atmosferi zraka učinit će površinu negativno nabijenom te hidrofilnom kako bi se lako aplicirala vodena otopina.
- Sistem se može sastojati od jedne ili dviju komora, dvije neovisne vakuumske komore
- Konverzija uzorka u hidrofilne/hidrofobne pozitivno ili negativno nabijene
- Jednostavno korištenje
- 3 godišnja garancija
Materials Science - A 3D reconstruction of a ductile cast-iron sample
Mikrolux zastupnik tvrtke MEIJI
Mikrolux d.o.o. zastupnik je renomiranog japanskog proizvođača raznih vrsta optičkih mikroskopa, tvrtke MEIJI Techno Co., Ltd.
Više o aplikacijama i modelima možete provjeriti na internetskim stranicama proizvođača ili nas zatražiti katalog.
TESCAN GAIA3 brings together an ultra-high resolution electron column and high-performance ion column fitted onto a single chamber. Built on the proven (MAIA3) FE-SEM platform, GAIA3 extends all of its qualities with the ability to modify surfaces with a focused ion beam. The outstanding imaging capabilities of the GAIA3 begin with its novel FE-SEM with excellent resolution at low voltages. The objective lens is narrower than a conventional objective and InBeam SE and InBeam BSE detectors placed in the column give free space over the sample for unlimited FIB work and various analytical techniques.
- Extraordinary SEM resolution with single-pole 60° objective lens
- Best-in-class range of display modes – FIELD, RESOLUTION and DEPTH - based on TESCAN´s unique Wide Field Optics
- Superior specimen handling using a motorized compucentric stage
- Field-free mode for observing magnetic samples
- High probe current, up to 200 nA (SEM)
- E-beam lithography with ultra-short dwell time down to 20 ns
- Ultra-high FIB resolution and excellent performance at high current with a Cobra column and probe current 1 pA to 50 nA
- Powerful DrawBeam toolbox including a number of basic and advanced programmable objects with various process parameters
- Besides the ability to investigate and modify the sample surface with enormous analytical potential, an extraordinary number of ports that enables all the detectors and techniques to focus on a common analytical workspace.
The imaging, analysis and control of matter at the nanometer scale are key factors in successfully conducting research today. Resolution, accuracy, reproducibility, robustness and flexibility are key characteristics for a leading-edge tool.
Following three generations of success in electron microscopy, GAIA3 is the next generation platform introduced by TESCAN. Combining unsurpassed nanometer resolution SEM performance with excellent COBRA-FIB capabilities, the new TESCAN GAIA3 offers a wide range of analytical compatibilities.
The greatest benefits of the GAIA3 is its low-voltage SEM imaging while maintaining a high resolution. This is essential especially for examining sensitive or non-conductive samples with a small interaction volume therefore giving excellent resolution and unique low voltage contrast.
COBRA-FIB is a top-level technology in terms of resolution for both imaging and milling. It is the sharpest FIB instrument for nano-engineering in its class.
New UHR SEM/i-FIB workstation
Whether your applications demand extremely powerful and ultra-fast micro-/nano- FIB machining, an outstanding image resolution at low beam energies, ultra-fast and reliable microanalysis or 3D analytical reconstructions, XEIA3 stands out as the ideal turnkey solution that offers all these capabilities in one single and unique instrument with ultimate performance.
- Powerful SEM column equipped with a high brightness Schottky emitter for high currents, low-noise and extraordinary imaging
- In-Beam detectors for high signaling and excellent imaging at very short working distances
- Ultra-fast xenon plasma ion source FIB. High beam currents for outstanding milling speeds and an excellent performance in removing large volumes of material, and low beam currents for smooth polishing
- Ultra-low electron landing energy imaging enabled by the Beam Deceleration Technology (BDT)
- Less implantation, doping or degradation of insulator deposition a valuable feature for semiconductor industry
- Simultaneous SEM imaging during FIB milling or deposition (two independent scan generators)
- Unique and advanced TESCAN’s technologies in terms of automated operations such as the In-Flight Beam TracingTM designed to accurately compute and adjust all the optimal parameters (WD, magnification, etc.) for high resolution imaging
- Advanced patterning and 3D characterisations capabilities powered by DrawBeam, a pattern editing tool that also provides a real-time visualization during milling or lithographic processes
- Novel solution for fast 3-dimensional microanalysis such as 3D EDX and EBSD reconstructions
- Unique integration with TOF-SIMS and scanning probe microscope 12’’ wafer inspection by means of an extended chamber size for enabling 6’’, 8’’ and 12’’ wafer inspection. 12’’ wafer inspection is an exclusive feature of TESCAN equipment
- Gas Injection System (GIS) for enhancing your FIB applications
- High-performance electronics for faster image acquisition up to 20 ns/pxl, excellent deposition rate and an ultra-fast scanning
- Powerful turbomolecular and dry fore vacuum pump for keeping the chamber clean. Electron gun pumping by ion getter pump
Specific solutions for specific needs
With the launch of XEIA3, TESCAN not only delivers an instrument top of its class but also fulfils its commitment to continue helping researchers to push science and development forward. This is also reflected in the careful customisation of every system in order to meet specific needs. From materials sciences to life sciences or from engineering to semiconductor industry, TESCAN is ready to take up the challenges of the upcoming future.
Extend the capabilities in all your FIB applications with Xe plasma ion source
The XEIA3 combines the capabilities of an outstandingly fast and powerful xenon plasma ion source with an ultra-high resolution electron column. Such synergy allows for carrying out the most challenging large volume removal applications in beating times which have – up until now – never been achievable before. For research or for high-tech industry the highest precision that only a sub-2 nanometre electron column is guaranteed and opens new possibilities in a wider range of applications. The high current capable plasma ion source allows for a wider range of applications.
TESCAN proudly introduces the Q-PHASE, a multimodal holographic microscope (MHM). With this instrument TESCAN expands into the field of advanced light microscopy. The Q-PHASE is a unique instrument for quantitative phase imaging (QPI) based on patented technology of Coherence-controlled holographic microscopy. This technology uses incoherent light sources (halogen lamp, LED) providing QPI with the highest quality, without any compromises and it is the only QPI technique enabling imaging of samples in scattering media. The Q-PHASE is purposely designed to observe living cells in vitro. It is based on a robust inverted transmission microscope platform. The whole system is situated in a microscope incubator. The full motorization fulfills even the highest demands regarding experiment automation. Furthermore, this system includes multiple imaging modes with fully integrated Fluorescence Module, simulated DIC and brightfield imaging options. All these features make of Q-PHASE a valuable research tool for biological and biotechnical applications such as testing reactions of cells to a specific treatment - even with scattering non-transparent substances, monitoring cell’s life cycle including mitosis, distinguishing between different forms of cell deaths, analyzing cell growth, motility or morphology changes, imaging cells in extracellular matrices.
The Q-PHASE is a unique instrument for quantitative phase imaging (QPI) based on patented technology of Coherence-controlled holographic microscopy. The Q-PHASE is purposely designed to observe living cells in vitro.
Tescan new building
TESCAN is one of the global suppliers of scientific instruments. The company is building its reputation and brand name in the field of designing and manufacturing scanning electron microscopes and system solutions for different applications.
The company is focused on research, development and manufacturing of scientific instruments and laboratory equipment such as:
scanning electron microscopes
supplementary accessories for SEMs
light optical microscopy accessories and image processing
special vacuum chambers and custom systems
scientific hardware and software development
Research & Development
TESCAN strives to keep improving continuously their products, which creates a competitive advantage for its customers.
The TESCAN brand is becoming established thanks to the company's participation in top research projects and cooperation with the leading companies in the field of electron microscopy and microanalysis. As a result, TESCAN's instrumentation and innovative solutions have won a leading position in the world of nano- and microtechnology.
Over 1200 SEM installations in more than 60 countries prove the highest technical solutions and first-class quality of TESCAN products.